Monday, February 17, 2014

watashi no Kazoku = my family



Feb. 16, 2014

私の家族, (watashi no Kazoku= my family)
Yeah let's pretend I drew those characters just for kicks and giggles.... Haha :)
Well this week in Tama was a great one!! But really it was! We got a ton of snow again!! And they are expecting more this wed. It is really crazy cause Tokyo never gets snow like this!! My Doryo is from Hokkaido and she says this is like what they get up north everyday!! So glad I was called where I am.... Just saying. Haha :) the snow is fun though. It provides a great way to serve people and what better thing to do while shoveling snow then talk about the gospel or our free eikaiwa class or invite them to church activities?? I mean the options of conversation are endless. And then they give you something like apples for helping them and you give them a Book of Mormon for giving you the apples. :) true story it happened this week. This lady was so cute. After I gave her the book and told her how much I loved it she was like ( in Japanese of course) "thank you so much for giving me such a special book." It was so happy. We are going to visit her again this week.
Anyway......This week was really great! Cold but great! I am so glad I have my rain boots!!! Cause the snow melts fast and there is so much water and slush everywhere!!
Oh happy valentines day!!! I for sure felt your love and I loved that package!! Sarah thanks for your little touch it made me laugh... ;) it was really happy and because of it we were able to give some valentines to some of the less actives we are teaching and our investigators.  So thank you!! Yeah for American candy! Haha :) I feel so blessed to be apart of this work. This week we are beginning to see some good progress in one of our investigators. We taught her about prayer and how we need to pray with real intent and pour out our souls to God. She really liked that idea but still struggles with the idea of God. She has been taught for over 6 months, but one cool thing happened the other day. After we taught her about prayer she called one of the elders that used to teach her a while ago and said that she is going to try to start living the word of wisdom. Which, she loves alcohol... So we were like what?? It was really cool yet funny. It just goes to show how much The Lord knows his children. He knew what she needed to hear about prayer so that she could have that desire within her to start making other changes in her life. She is so cute I just love her. God knows her and knows her needs and through us he can help meet those needs.
I love being here in Japan. The work is hard sometimes but it is so worth it!! One last thought.... Today I read I little about the word hope. I really love that word hope. It has so much to it. When you have hope you are confident, happy, enthusiastic, you look to the future, and you know God will keep his promises to you. I could for sure use a little more hope in my life. But there is a great Mormon message by president Uchtdorf about hope. Look it up. I really love it. He quotes Romans 15:13. "Abound in hope through the power of the Holy Ghost." Don't you love that scripture!!! When we are have the Holy Ghost with us we have more hope. Abound in hope. I love that!
Just remember that no matter what, the Lord is bound when you do what his says. He wants to bless us. :) I see him blessing me everyday! Miracles have not ceased. I know it! Have that hope in greater things to come. I love you all and pray for you everyday!! Have a wonderful,
Love, Hannah ;)
愛してます!!
アシュベ 姉妹
Sister Ashby


crazy, fun, fantastic week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment