Tuesday, April 14, 2015

I love to see the temple!



Dear family,

This week has been wonderful! We got to watch general conference!! I am so grateful for the words of the prophets and how inspired all of the talks were. We had an investigator with us to watch the Sunday
Morning session. It was so great! She really felt the spirit and she was able to see President Monson speak, so that was wonderful. I love the spirit that comes from hearing the prophet speak even if it is being translated in to Japanese. And don't think I am all fluent in Japanese.....  Haha I was following along in English to understand it of course...haha :) But it was a great experience. I loved that the theme of general conference was family and Jesus Christ. Those two things are the most important things in our lives. I felt that they were talking about all the basic things we need to do and believe in order to be happy in this life and the next. It was so focused on doing and being more. I am so grateful for the trust God has in us, His Children, to become more. And I know that through this gospel we can become all God has intended us to become.

It was also so wonderful to see all of the members from the Fujisawa stake! I have served in the  Fujisawa stake for about a year now. :) It is my home away from home. I love these people so much! It was great to be able to see so many of the people I love again! They have all influenced my life so much. So grateful for them! And I am so happy to be able to serve here until the end of my mission. It is such a blessing! :)

This week we had transfers and my new companion Murakami Shimai is the cutest person in the whole world. She is so funny! We do English day and Japanese day so that she can learn English and I can learn Japanese. This week I have learned so much from listening to her when she prays in English. It is so simple and so pure. It is from the heart and she really tries her best. It is the way we should all pray. Simply and from the heart. It is the cutest thing in the whole world! I am so grateful for the chance to be serving with her and learning so much from her!
Today we went to the Tokyo temple. It was my last time on my mission getting to go to the temple.  As I was sitting there, there were about a million things going through my mind and I felt a little stressed out. They were all good things, but just too much. So I said a simple
prayer and before I finished praying it was as if my whole mind was just wiped clean and I felt so much peace. It reminded me of the scripture 2 Nephi 33:1. The spirit can be all around us, but we have to let it INTO our hearts in order to feel it and be changed. I was in
the temple surrounded by peace but it wasn't until I let that peace into my heart that I felt it. It was a good reminder. Sometimes we need to remember that not only do we need to be in good places to feel the spirit but we need our heart to be in a good place as well.

I know that this is the Lords work and he is guiding and blessing us. The gospel is true and I am so grateful for it in my life.

I love you all so much!!

Love,
Sister Hannah Ashby

My new district before general conference in the "Easter room" they
had set up for church tours. :) Elder Mitabi is so tiny!! Haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment