Monday, May 11, 2015

Happy 母の日!!





Dearest family,

久しぶりですね。 It was so happy to see you all on skype today! I have learned that happiness is family. :) But really!

This week has been great!! We saw a lot of miracles and I am so grateful for The hand of God guiding this work. I know I shared some miracles with you on skype today but here are a few more.

This week we had the opportunity to visit and teach a lot of less active members. On Wednesday we visited a sister who has been recently coming back to church because her mom passed away. That visit really taught me the power the spirit has to change hearts. When we had visited her before, her feelings towards God and the church were a little negative, but this past week she felt so happy and calm. You could tell she had a desire to change and trust God again. We talked about baptism and the covenants we make at baptism and you could tell she felt the importance of it. She shared with us also how her 8 year old son wants to be baptized and asked us to teach him and help him prepare for baptism. It was really great! Gods timing for people is real. He is not only preparing those who don't have the gospel but also those who have once had the gospel but have turned
from it. Her heart has truly been softened and it is really amazing too see God working on her and her family. :)

On Friday we were fasting. We have been doing a 40 day fast in our zone to become more consecrated missionaries. Every companionship fasts one day and our day was on Friday. We had our plan as we were heading out the door but I had the feeling we needed to just stop by and visit a less active on out way to visit other people. We stopped by and she was home!! Miracle..... She is never home! We shared with her about prayer and were able to learn more about her concerns with the church. She told us she had been trying to find her Book of Mormon recently but couldn't find it anywhere. We also had the opportunity to
give her a new Book of Mormon! She was actually really happy and I know that God guided us there to give her that Book. I love helping less actives and visiting with them. They too are kept from the truth because they have forgotten where to find it. :) and we can help them
see the way again.

I am so grateful for all I am learning about God, the gospel, the atonement, and love. I can see the power of the small improvements and changes we make in our lives. They really make all of the difference. God loves you. Never forget that! Make the changes you need to to feel that love more. :)

Have a great wonderful week!! I know I will!!! It will be the best week of my mission so far! :) pray for me please....

Love,

アシュビー姉妹

Atsugi Ward missionaries, president Wada, our Ward mission leader and
bishop! Best Dendo team ever!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment