Monday, August 18, 2014

"A little frog sits on a lily pad." ;)

Dear family,

This week has been so wonderful. I have learned a lot and grown a lot. :)

I love growing and I love change. :) the atonement is the best and it is real.

So I am going to tell you three things this week....
1. A funny story
2. A miracle
3. How my testimony has grown

I am going to try and start doing that every week to make my letters
better. And then I will remember to tell you things I sometimes
forget....haha :)

1. Funny story: So this week one night after weekly planning we were talking about old cartoon funny movies from our childhood and in pretty much sang the whole little critter song for the shimaitachi.
Hahahaha :) "well a little frog sits on a lily pad" "the world goes round day by day, and here we all are together." It was so funny!!!! Whenever you need a smile just sing that song.... I promise it will
make you smile haha :) Man I love you my family a lot. You are all so funny!!

Something else that is funny and crazy....We went out for sushi this week with a member and ate over 50 plates of sushi...... It was insane. I will send a picture. Haha :)

2. We had a couple great miracles this week, but one that really
stands out happened Saturday. We were getting on the train and I
started talking to a girl standing next to us. We ended up taking the
whole train ride and taught her about how she has a loving Heavenly Father. I asked her if she has ever felt that God existed and she said she has. I asked her how, and she talked about how she was in the earthquake a few years ago and for a while after the earthquake she had no idea where her parents were. So she prayed to God. She said she felt peace and knew everything would be alright. We were able to give her the Book of Mormon and talk to her about how there is a God and how through the Book of Mormon we can learn more about Him and His
plan for us. It was such an amazing experience. She took the Book of Mormon and hugged it. She said it was her treasure. We weren't able to get her number because her parents are strict about that, but we
invited her to eikaiwa and church and she said she would try to come. I don't know what will happen with her right now but I do know that God placed her in our path to let her know that he is there and he
loves her. I felt an overwhelming feeling of love for her and it was such an amazing experience. I hope we can talk to her again soon though because she is so ready to hear the gospel!!! Miracle people
are the best. :)

3. This week my testimony of the atonement grew a lot. I realized that through the atonement of Jesus Christ our hearts can not only be changed and become better, but they can also be enlarged. Through the
atonement we can feel MORE love. As I watch the atonement work in the lives of those around me, here in Japan and at home, my love for those people grows. I can't even really discribe how it feels to see people
you love change and become better. I am sure you have felt it. But it is happy. I think that is how Heavenly Father feels when we repent. I  am so grateful that I can continue to grow And change through the
atonement of Jesus Christ.

I knows the this work is true and It is happy work.

Thank you for all of your love and everything!! You are the best!!!

Love,
アシュビー姉妹

Ps..... In can't believe it is already halfway through
August.......... Crazy how fast time flies.... :) have fun with school
starting again soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment