Monday, December 15, 2014

The miracle of the Atonement

Dear Family,
So this week has been a little different than other weeks. I got sick.... Bummer
! But it is okay. I am doing a lot better now. But because I was sick I learned a lot about the importance of following the spirit and the power that the spirit has. When we have the spirit with us we can do all things that are required of us.

Thursday we had MLC. It was amazing as always. Filled with the spirit and inspired messages. The theme was the talk from Priesthood session titled, "Lord is it I?
That talk has so many amazing things from it. If you haven't, please go read it. It is a really good self evaluation talk. It helps to you take a step back and see the bigger picture.


Because I have been sick this week we had to stay in for a day or two and I had a lot of time to sleep but also think. I thought a lot about what I have learned on my mission so far and how I have changed. It is amazing to see the progress I have made in this past year and all the things I still would like to see some improvements on. The miracle though is to see the way the atonement of Jesus Christ has influenced and changed me. It is a miracle to see the atonement work in the lives of those around you. I have seen so many people change in small and big ways because of the atonement, but it is almost a bigger miracle to see how it can completely change yourself. It is a miracle because
it has changed me in just the tiniest of ways here and there, which in a year have made a huge difference in how I think or act. I am so grateful for the gift of the atonement and the power that it can have in our lives, to change is in ways we didn't even see were possible. It is beautiful. It is true. Christ made it possible and he is the Gift this Christmas season. If you haven't seen the churches "He is the Gift" Video yet go watch. So amazing!

Oh a funnier note. The spirit guides us in funny ways. The other day we were walking down the street and we see this golden candy wrapper flying in the wind. We had been housing earlier and had no success at all. No one would even open the door. So I thought in my head, "okay let's follow this wrapper and see if the spirit will guide us to someone!" So we were laughing and following this wrapper. It finally stopped in front of an apartment building. We picked up and threw it in the wind to see if it would keep going and it didn't. So we looked at the building. Picked a door and knocked. The lady opened the door and we shared a message about Jesus Christ and Christmas. It was amazing!!!!!! She didn't have too much interest but we invited her to church and the Christmas party and she said she would come if she had time. Maybe she didn't accept our message yet, but the spirit was guiding us to those that would receive even just 5 min of our message.
Happy day! :)

I love you! Have a great week!

Love,
アシュビー姉妹



No comments:

Post a Comment