Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Happy December :)

Dear Family,

"It's the most wonderful time of the year!!", "Christmas is coming the geese are getting fat!", "it's Christmas! It's Christmas!".

If you cannot tell from the above phrases I am a little excited for Christmas! I am SO excited for this time of year! It is going to be the best Christmas ever! I am so grateful for all the happiness that comes from Christmas time and Christ's birth. :)

We had a great thanksgiving week! I ate 3 thanksgiving dinners. One on Monday with some members and her friends who have both lived in America, one on Wednesday with everyone from Eikaiwa, and the real thanksgiving dinner on Thursday at the Military base. Every dinner we ate amazing food, but we also had some very amazing opportunities to share the gospel with some amazing people. We got to testify often and I am so grateful for that opportunity. I love testifying of the things that I have come to know are true.

This past week has been wonderful and has caused a lot of reflection on who I am and who I am becoming. I was having a rough time on Thursday night because a few things that have gone on this week and I just felt stressed about somethings that I couldn't control. It was
frustrating, disheartening and wasn't how I should be feeling at all. So while my companion was in the shower I knelt down and prayed out loud. I have done this a few time one my mission. I poured out my heart to our Heavenly Father on all that was going on and how I felt
and where I wanted to be. After I was done praying I didn't necessarily feel better. I still had all of those worries and concerns, but it felt good to know that someone had listened. God had
listened to my prayer and I knew he knew who I am, and he sees how I am becoming. He also knows the same for all those around me and every person in this world. He will listen to all of us. I think that is one of the best things about our loving Heavenly Father. He listens. He is the best listener, and as we learn in turn to listen to him our worries and problems start to fade. We then realize that He has been I control this whole time. I am learning more than ever to trust God, turn my heart him, talk to him, and then in turn listen to what he has to tell me. As I do that I know all the things and people around me will be helped in the way God needs them to be. :) Our Heavenly Father Loves his children and he will help us help them and in turn we will be helped. :) Isn't that great!

Funny story. So before thanksgiving dinner on Thursday we were act the park. After having some good conversations with a few people, we were starting back to the Eki and we passed this group of elementary kids. So of course we start saying "hello!" And waving. Usually you can get a lot of them to say "Herro!" Back but no one was. Finally one boy had the courage and said "hello!" But by then we were a little farther away so we turned around and said "bye bye!" The little boys say "goodbye!" Then his eyes got wide and he turns to his friend and says (in Japanese), "She speaks Japansese!" He so was shocked. My companion and I started laughing so hard. Did you know "bye bye" was Japanese?!?!? Learn something new everyday! Haha :) cute kids!

Well I hope you all have a great week! We got transfer calls today and Sister Pugmire and I are staying together in Hodogaya!!!! We are way excited! :) it will be a very Merry Christmas!

Love you all!
Love, アシュビー姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment