Monday, January 5, 2015

Mochi, Sparkling cider, Apple pie, snow, and everything else that makes New Years=Happiness.

Dear Family,

New Year! It is 2015!! What? Time goes by so fast!! We had such a great week this week and ate WAY too much food. But that is what New Years is for right? Setting goals to lose weight and not eat after New years....hahah ;)
This week we saw a lot of really cool miracles and happy times. We ate dinner with a lot of members because in Japan New Years is the biggest holiday of the year! There are decorations on every door, people buying and making tons of food, and it is family time! It is actually a wonderful holiday and they have some fun traditions.

New years eve was a lot of fun. We went over to a members for lunch and ate the most delicious food. They gave us Sparkling Cider from Costco, pizza, and Apple pie on top of all of the tradition Japanese food! haha it was SO much food! While we were riding back home from the lunch we rode by this house and heard a "thud, thud, thud" My instant thought was, "Mochi!" Which is pounded rice and they always make it during New Years. So i turned to my companions and said "Do you want to see mochi being made?" They were like "why not?" So we went back.... and they told us to come on over and see. We were able to talk with them for a long time. THEY WERE THE NICEST PEOPLE EVER! They let us try the mochi and took a picture of us. We were also able to tell them a lot about the church and who we were as missionaries. They loved it and we were able to invite them to come to church. They said they would try, so I hope they do one day!!! haha :) They were so kind. The spirit works in mysterious ways. Even through sticky mochi! Haha :)

On New years day it snowed for the first time this year! Not much.... just a little but it was so magical!Yesterday was such an amazing Sunday. Church was exactly what I needed. It is amazing how much you can get out of Church when you are prepared to receive revelation. I know that God loves us and will help us whenever we ask. "Ask and ye shall receive." I know it is true. I have ask a lot this week and I have received more than I asked for. I love my Heavenly father so much!
I love you all!

Have a great Week!

Love,Sister Ashby

No comments:

Post a Comment