Monday, January 26, 2015

"I know my savior loves me"


Dear family,

This week has been so amazing. For sure on of the best weeks since coming to the Hodogaya Area. We saw so many miracles and people changing and progressing. We had interviews with President Wada, Zone
meeting, lessons, less active lessons, made cookies and banana bread,  went to primary, had dinners with members, set some great goals, gave  a church tour, talked to people, rode our bikes up and down hills to visit  referrals, and just had a great week!

We worked hard this week and we saw a lot of miracles. I feel like my desire to share the gospel just keeps to continues to grow and grow every week I am here. :)

We have been working with a lot of less actives in this Ward and it has been great to see some progress with some of them. On Sunday one came to church and it was a great experience. She also has been sharing the gospel with her friend. It is a great experience to see her change as she is invited to do so.

Another less active member we have been teaching has finally made some progress. It has been a long process to help her understand the gospel more, but she is finally starting to grasp it. We have been teaching her the Restoration (lesson 1) for the past month. Teaching her piece by piece and helping her understand all of the doctrine. It has been a really great experiment though, to really teach to her needs. She had never prayed before about Joseph Smiths experience, but this past week she told us that she prayed about it and she feels it is true. It is great to see her faith growing. Also, her work schedule is changing so she will be able to come to church soon. She is really excited. Her desire has increased so much and it has really been a testimony builder to me, that as we really teach to people's needs and their understanding, they will change and progress. We all change at our own pace and the spirit speaks to us all in different ways, but the gospel is for everyone. :)

We have been working with two sisters who are 8 and 10 years old. They come to church almost every week and love it. The other day we were able to teach them the "prayer sandwich" and oh did they love it!!! They love praying! Their enthusiasm for prayer has really strengthen my desire to pray from the heart. They are so cute and we love going
to primary with them. Yesterday the primary sang, "I know my savior loves me" and it was so cute to watch them sing. I love that song!! And I love it in Japanese!! So great.

Well I love my mission so much! I got a blessing from President Wada this week while at interviews and in it he told me so much that I needed to hear. But one thing what stuck out a lot was he said that as I work hard for these last 4 months of my mission and give my all to the Lord, I will receive more blessings then I have yet received serving my whole mission. I know that what is said is true, but I don't know how I can receive more. I have already been blessed so much, but I know that as I trust Gods promise and do my very best I will be amazed at the blessings in my life.

God is Good. :)

I love you all!!

Love,
Sister Ashby

No comments:

Post a Comment