Monday, February 16, 2015

Sisters conference.  All 70 sisters from mission.


Dear family,

Happy Valentine's Day!!!! :) Man this week has been a great week. I am so grateful for God and his perfect love. :) And what a great week to feel that... ;)

On Wed. We were able to have two lessons with two very amazing people. First with Rie San we were had the chance to share the restoration with her. I love the restoration. As we were sharing it with her you could tell she felt something different about what we were saying. She really has a desire to do good things. When we invited her to pray about our message and read from the Book of Mormon Moroni 10:3-5 She was like, "Oh I will read the whole chapter!" It was so great. I felt so much love for her and the goodness that comes from the gospel and from God.

Then that night before Eikaiwa (english class) we were able to teach Tomomi san. I LOVE her so much!!! She is one of those people you just can't but help love and want to be best friends with!! :) She is currently going through a divorce with her husband and it has been hard. As we were talking to her more about why she wants to learn about God she said
she wants to know what life is. She asked SO many good questions and her desire to learn is so great. The member who was with us was able to share her experience with the gospel and it was so powerful. It was so real. I love when God finds us people who have desire. Desire to know and learn and discover more. I love that. I can't help but love people like that, because I love that.

On Friday we had a Special Sisters training in Kichijoji with all 70 sister missionaries on our mission. It was the best day ever!! The theme was "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." We talked about the Heart and the importance of having a healthy,
kind, and giving heart. It was so wonderful. :) I learned so much from the Sisters there. One sister as she was sharing her testimony talked about how she felt such a power in the room. It was different then when you are with the elders, because then you feel it as the priesthood power, but this power was different it was power that come from righteous women of God. And that is so true. There is power that flows from righteousness. :) It was a beautiful day!
At the end of the conference Sister Sasaki (a sister that returned home 6 months ago, who I lived with for a long time in Fujisawa and we are just great friends) came to visit and it was so great to see her. She is such an amazing person. :)

Yesterday was great too! There is a member in our Ward that is a return mission president that loves to give us mission advice and usually it is funny, but yesterday he said something that I loved, he said he used to tell his missionaries, "I want you to be the kind of missionary you would want YOUR kids to be." I liked that. I made me want to be better. :) I want my kids to be like me, so I have to be better. My example to them starts now. :) "Now is the best time to start becoming the person we want to be." President Uchtdorf. :)

I love you all!! God is good. God is love. :)

Have a great week!

Love,
アシュビー姉妹


How much bread we get every week from a ward member.... No we don't
eat it all.... We give a lot of it to other missionaries.... Haha :)

Making Cake Pops for Valentine's Day. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment