Tuesday, February 24, 2015

"If you remember the atonement."


Dear family!!!

This week has been so wonderful and full of miracles. So much has happened! Easily one of the best weeks of my mission. We have seen so many miracles. Just goes to show how merciful God is to his children.
He truly loves us and I have felt that love so much this week.

This past week we were able to fast with one of our investigators. It was an amazing experience and everything just worked out so well. She told us she believes in God and it was the best moment ever. She has been really struggling with the divorce she is going
through and she just wanted to feel more peace and happiness. So on wed. we fasted all
together and she had a great experience. Helaman 3:35 :)

Thursday we had the best lesson with Kaneko san. It was one of those lessons that you know the Spirit is guiding everything that is said. All of her questions were so inspired and the members that was sharing just the amount of perfect experiences and testimony. Kaneko san told us that one day she wants to get baptized and that she always feels so much comfort when she comes to the church. It was beautiful. We are inviting her again to be baptized this week with a date. Pray for her. She is so ready and loves the spirit, but she is a little hesitant.

Thursday night we went on splits with the Zama Sisters. We had an amazing experience and had the opportunity to teach a lady in the park the first lesson. It was so cool!!! :) After we went on base with the Senior couple serving there and we were able to help with a Family History class a Ward member is doing. I LOVE family history. I think I want to study about genealogy in school. This Ward member did and she totally inspired me. It was so great!! There were a lot of great people there, but since it is on base we can only talk about
church if they bring it up. Luckily family is so closely related to church! :) We found out that one of the students in the class is a less active member since is was 13. Miracle!!! Way cool. :) After the Slades, the senior couple, took us to dinner on the base at Subway!!!!!! I had a turkey sandwich on Italian herb and cheese bread. I haven't had a turkey sandwich since I came on my mission and there were banana peppers. My mouth was so happy!! :) haha :)

Yesterday we had a double mission conference with Elder Ballard, Elder Rasband, Bishop Stevenson and their wives. It was amazing. I learned so much from just watching them. They talked about the importance of the restoration. It was so powerful. But one thing that stood out to me so much was one of the last things that Elder Ballard said. He was
promising us some amazing blessings, but then said, "if you understand the atonement. If you understand the atonement." It is such a simple phrase but it really impacted me. Blessing are just waiting to be ours, If we understand the atonement of Jesus Christ. It is so important. Alma 7:11-14. Jesus Christ suffered for all man. His love is perfect. His atonement is perfect. And because he atoned for me I can one day be perfect. I know that the atonement of Jesus Christ is real and it can make us whole again.

I love you all!! Have a great week!!

Love,
アシュビー姉妹

Ps. We got transfers and I am transferring to Atsugi and my new
companion will be Sister Ellsworth. I am really excited because it is
still the same stake and a great Ward!! :) よろしくお願いします。


No comments:

Post a Comment