Monday, June 16, 2014

父の日!!!!

Family,





父の日おめでとございます!
Happy Father's Day everyone!!!! I hope it is a great one for you all!

This week has been great, but first let's start with transfer
calls..... We got them this morning..... And I am staying in
Fujisawa!!!! Brox Shimai is no longer my companion though.... :( I
will now be companions with Roth Shimai. She is actually from Lehi
Utah I think. I will let you know how it goes...haha :)

Anyway... This week was a great last week of the transfer. We had a
lot of happy days and the weather was so wonderful!

On wed. I went on splits with Tanaka Shimai in Odawara. It was the best!!! Odawara is probably the closest thing to Utah in Japan. There are beautiful huge mountains and it is a little more country side and less city like. It is so pretty and we met a lot of great people. We also saw this beautiful old Japanese castle. I will send you some
pictures. It was a lot of fun!

On Saturday I got to go to Costco for the first time!!! We went with a
less active member of the ward. She wanted to take us out to lunch
there!!! It was so great and it is the exact same as it is in Utah!
I didn't get homesick at all. It was more just happy to be reminded of the
happiness that is in Utah! Haha :) but it helped me to see how much I
love being in Japan and how much I am learning and growing form being
in Japan.

I learned a lot this week about the importance of testimonies. We have
been visiting and working with some less active members lately and it
has really opened my eyes to how important it is to constantly be
nourishing your testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We need to
have a strong testimony of every aspect of the gospel so we don't have
any cracks in our rocks. :) One way to strengthen your testimony is to
share it. So if you have the opportunity to share your testimony with 
someone this week share it!!! Pray for opportunities to share your
testimony. I know when I do that God always helps me find a way to do
that.

This gospel is true and it is the only source of true happiness in
this life and the life to come. :)
I know it! I live it! I love it!

I hope you all have a great wonderful week!

Love,
Ashby Shimai

アシュビー姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment