Monday, June 23, 2014

Happy days :)

Dear family,


I just love all of you so much and I am so grateful for you. I guess I
never have much time.... But I really am short on time today. :) haha
sorry.

But this week has been good. I am learning so much!!! We had transfers
and I got my new companion sister Roth. She is 19 and for Lehi Utah.
She is cute and we are completely different people but we get along
well. I, for sure, am learning a lot from her and I have faith this
transfers will be a good one, as always ;) haha I miss Brox Shimai
though. She was a cutie. We had to wake up at 4 in the morning though
to take her to the station so she could catch an early train for her
new area.... It was so early!!!!!! I can do 6:30 or even 6:00 just
fine.... But 4:00 am takes a little toll on you for the rest of the
day..... :) but it ended up being a great day!!! We saw so many
miracles at Eikaiwa that night. I will tell you one cool story.....

So a couple weeks ago we met a man on the street who was looking for
an English speaking hospital. He is from Mongolia and only speaks eigo
and mong. We tried to help home find the hospital and then We talked
to him a little about being missionaries. After we gave him a flyer for
Eikaiwa and he said he wanted to come. A few days later he met the
elders in the eki and they gave him a tour of the church. He then came
to Eikaiwa last Thursday and I was so surprised to see him. He was so
grateful for us and we talked to him for a while about the church and
God. It was amazing. He is so prepared for the gospel. The elders are
working with him now. Such a cool miracle.

So yesterday we had a Japan wide stake conference. It was a broadcast
to all of Japan!!!! It was so cool. The coolest part was that the two
of the general authorities that spoke for it spoke IN JAPANESE!!!!! So
they had to translate it into English!!!!!! It was so cool!!!!!!!!!!!
I have never seen anything like it and the spirit of that meeting was
amazing! :) one of the coolest parts of the meeting was when one of
the general authorities talked about how the work in Japan is
increasing. He talked about how the missionaries called now are some
of the strongest of g
Gods children. I thought that was so cool. We have
been prepared from the foundation of the world to labor in the l
Lords vineyard and I feel that being confirmed to me as I serve. I know that

the work I am doing in Japan is directed and inspired by God. He loves
his children. It is amazing!!! The conference was so amazing!!! I
loved it!

Well this week was good. :) I know that the atonement of Jesus Christ
is real and that it changes lives. It is changing my life so much. I
love this gospel. :) I love you and hope you have a great week!!!

Love, Ashby Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment