Monday, June 2, 2014

Schools out for the summer :) But not in Japan.....they start school In April....





.

Hello family!

I hope you all are happy and healthy and having a wonderful summer break!
Japan is warming up pretty quick now....summer is for sure here!!!!
Haha :) And it is humid and it is just going to get hotter. This summer is going to be one I will never forget. But it is fun! Haha

This week has been really great. I went on splits with Gappymayer
Shimai. (Picture) she is so fun. :)
We had a lot of cool little miracles happen this past week with
finding people to teach. But one really cool experience was yesterday
afternoon we came to the church really quick to get something. A few
minutes later a girl walks in and is looking at the flyers on the
table. So of course we go talk to her ;) she is from Brazil and she
said that she used to come to Eikaiwa (English class) at the church when she was
young. Her dad recently died and she decided to start coming again. We
talked to her for a while and then I looked on the table and saw a
plan of salvation pamphlet in Portuguese. How perfect!!!! We were able
to give it to her and she is going to try and come to eikaiwa this
week so we can see her again. She was so cute. It was so cool.
Everything just seems to work out perfectly in that moment. I love
those moments when sharing the gospel just flows so perfectly. :) I
love that about missionary work. Sharing the gospel just seems so
natural. Like why wouldn't you start talking to the person next to you
about God and their family?? Haha :)
I was reading about hope this morning and I read this quote by Samuel
Smilies, 
"Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey towards it, casts
the shadow of our burden behind us.’ … Hope sweetens the memory of
experiences well loved. It tempers our troubles to our growth and our
strength. It befriends us in dark hours, excites us in bright ones. It
lends promise to the future and purpose to the past. It turns
discouragement to determination.”

 I loved it!!!! Hope. We must have
hope. When we have hope we look towards Christ and the light that
comes from him. He is the light and life of this world and when we
have faith in him it allows hope to fill our lives. Hope can get us
through anything. :)

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week. :) you are all
amazing people. Enjoy the summer time and play lots. :) enjoy
yourself. You deserve to have fun! "This life isn't meant to be
endured but enjoyed!" Remember to enjoy it. I for sure am!!!!! Hahah I
love Japan! :) I love being a missionary!!!! And I love my family!!!
So much.

Love, Sister Hannah Ashby

アシュビー姉妹

愛してます!

Look we found Mushu from Mulan!!!! Or however you spell his name...haha :)




No comments:

Post a Comment