Monday, March 31, 2014

Earthquake :)


Dear Fam!!

Okay so I felt my first earthquake!!! It was super tiny......... Haha like really small but it was yesterday during church and it was so crazy. Gotta love Japan. :) supposedly rumor is that Tokyo is way over due for a huge earthquake.... Scary. :) but god protects his missionaries. 

The weather is starting to really warm up!! It is amazing!! And the cherry blossoms are out!! They are amazing!!! Yeah for Sakura Dendo!!!! It is the best!!! :) 

This week has been so great! We had transfers and I am now in kouhoku!! I love it!!! It is more of a city and the ward is great! I love my new companions. Kawajo Shimai is from Okinawa and Bickmore Shimai is from Lehi. They are the best!!! We have so much fun together! It is way different then Tama but I love it so much!! We are seeing some cool miracles too. The power of 3. Yay!! 
Sad day though when I left Tama. Wed. At eikaiwa was so wonderful. It was sad to say goodbye to all those amazing people but it is okay because I will see them again. I will send a picture. They had the two missionaries leaving in front and so it was a little funny.... ;) haha It was such a good night. I was able to share a lot about the gospel with a lot of our Eikaiwa friends and it was so good. 


So I have been reading a talk called The Fourth Missionary. It is super famous in the mission field....haha :) it is so good!! In it he says this, "the purpose and central blessing of life is change. It is to be changed to become more like Jesus Christ. It is to incorporate into your character, the qualities of His character. It is to move from one degree of intelligence and capacity to the next, and from there to the next, until you see God face to face and know Him as He knows you." 
I love that! This life is all about becoming. I love that word. Become. It holds so much potential. We are here to become like god. We are able to do that through the atonement of Jesus Christ. I love the atonement. Through the atonement we are able to become all that god intends us to become. I love this gospel and opportunity I have to be here sharing it everyday. It changes lives. I have seen it. It not only is changing the lives of those I teach but it is changing mine. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to change. To become better and more like Christ. I know that this gospel is true. And I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of god. As we read it we learn of Christ and how we can become like him. Read it everyday :) it will help you to become the person you want to be. :) 

I love you all so much!! I hope you have a wonderful week!!!! :) I am so grateful for your love a support. I for sure feel your prayers. 
I am praying for you!! 
Love, 
Hannah Ashby Shimai 

愛してます!!!! 
アシュビー姉妹 






No comments:

Post a Comment